This page describes how to manage cookies on our site https://www.galileoresearch.it
WHAT ARE THE CONTACT DETAILS?
The Data Controller is Galileo Research s.r.l., in the person of its legal representative Dr. Alberto Bresci, with registered office in Vecchiano Loc. Migliarino Pisano (PI), Via del Paradiso, 6, tel.: 050 3154401/403, e-mail: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Avv. Valeria Macchia, with office in Livorno, Piazza Grande n. 38, whose contact details are as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text strings created by a web application and stored on the client used by the user to access the Internet (pc, smartphone, tablet, etc.) to then be re-transmitted on subsequent accesses to the Internet by the user. Cookies make it possible to collect information on the navigation made by the user on the Sites, for example to remember the language preferences or the currency used for a purchase. Cookies can be stored permanently on the device and have a variable duration (so-called persistent cookies), but they can also disappear when the browser is closed or have a limited duration (so-called session cookies). Cookies can be installed by the site you are visiting (so-called first-party cookies) or they can be installed by other websites (so-called third-party cookies).
Similar technologies, such as, for example, web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information on user behavior and use of the services.
• Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential for the correct functioning of the site and are used to manage the session, login and access to the reserved functions of the site. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session (when the browser is closed they are deleted).
• Analysis and performance cookies. These are cookies used to collect and analyze traffic and use of the site. These cookies allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. Disabling these cookies can be done without any loss of functionality.
• Profiling cookies. These are cookies used to create a user profile, to then send him advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the same during the previous navigation.
Third party cookies
By visiting a website you can receive cookies both from the site visited (“owners”) and from sites managed by other organizations (“third parties”). A notable example is the presence of “social plugins” or the integration of third-party maps. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks, while that of maps allows you to locate the activity according to the established geographical coordinates.
The presence of these services involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The management of information collected by “third parties” is governed by the relative information to which reference is made.
For further information on the types of cookies, their characteristics and their functioning, it is possible to consult the sites http://www.allaboutcookies.org, www.youronlinechoices.com, http://cookiepedia.co.uk and the new provision of the Privacy Guarantor Lines guide for cookies and other tracking tools – 10 June 2021 (https://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/9677876).
WHAT COOKIES ARE ON OUR SITE?
Our site contains the cookies indicated in the table at the bottom of this document. The user has the possibility to select/deselect the individual categories of cookies through the banner on the site or through the configuration of his browser. Normally these programs also allow, with a specific option, to specifically block third-party cookies. Each browser has different procedures for managing cookies, below is the link to the specific instructions of the most popular ones:
• Microsoft Edge:
• Google Chrome:
• Apple Safari:
• Mozilla Firefox:
We also remind you that by completely disabling cookies in the browser, the user may not be able to use all the interactive features.
WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA?
The treatments connected to the web services of this site take place at the aforementioned office of the Data Controller and are only handled by specially designated personnel in charge of the treatment. If necessary, the data can be processed by the personnel of the company who take care of the maintenance of the technological part of the site.
WHAT ARE THE METHODS FOR MANAGING CONSENT TO THE USE OF TRACKING TOOLS?
By using the features made available through the site (e.g. through the banner or through the link positioned on the footer of the pages) it is possible to manage one’s preferences regarding any tracking tools used by this site. Profiling cookies can only be used with the consent of the interested party. Consequently, in the event that the interested party decides to give consent, which is absolutely optional and in any case revocable at any time, he must be informed in advance and aware that:
• The consent of the interested party is optional.
• In case of failure to provide consent, Galileo Research s.r.l will not be able to proceed with the aforementioned marketing treatments.
• In any case, in case of refusal, there will be no consequences regarding the possibility of accessing the Site.
• Consent can be revoked at any time.
Instructions for enabling/disabling cookies via the browser:
• To change your consent: go to the footer of the site and click on “Change your consent”. Select the cookies from the relative box and click on “Allow selection”. To select them all, click on “Allow all cookies”.
• Revoke your consent: go to the footer of the site and click on “Revoke your consent”. Automatically, the previously selected cookies will be deleted from the system and only the necessary (mandatory) ones will be selected.
By disabling cookies, however, some of our services may not work properly and you will not be able to access some features designed to optimize your browsing experience on the site.